A mani-pedi is one of life’s most luxurious pleasures, to go into a nail salon and get pampered with new polish and soft digits. But let’s face it, life is busy…we don’t always have time to put ourselves on the weekly agenda. Here’s our guide to the perfect DIY mani-pedi so you can take some time for yourself and save a little dough.
Collect your tools. You’ll need:
- Nail clippers
- Cuticle Cutter
- Emery Board & Buffing block
- Cuticle and Nail Care Pen with Neem Oil
- Green Tea Neem Lotion
- Your favorite natural polish (base coat, color & topcoat)
Prepare your Hands and Feet.
- First, make sure you have removed any previous polish from your nails.
- Then grab your clippers and use them to get your nails to the desired length and shape.
- Next, file the rough edges of your nails, so they are smooth to the touch.
- Lastly, use a buffing block to smooth and shine the surface of your nails. This provides an even surface for your polish to glide on.
Soak & Scrub
- This is the best and most invigorating part of the process!
- First, make sure you have a tub or bowl filled with warm to hot water. Soak your hands for about 3 minutes and your feet for five.
- Now for the best part! Time to exfoliate using a sugar scrub of your choice. Exfoliating will slough off dead skin cells to brighten and smooth hands & feet, clearing the way for the nourishing oils to be absorbed more deeply and allowing soft new skin cells to grow.
- Rinse and pat dry.
Caring for your cuticles
- Now that your skin is soft take your cuticle cutter and gently trim any dry spots that are sticking up.
- Time to treat those cuticles with the healing oils from the Cuticle Care Pen. Be sure to address each nail and massage into your skin with your index finger.
- Take a soft cloth and remove any excess oil from the nail before applying polish.
Time for the color!
- But first, topcoat! You only need one thin coat to prime your nails.
- You’ll want to apply 2 coats of your favorite polish. Apply each coat in a thin layer and allow it to dry in between each coat.
- Here are a few of our favorite non-toxic, all-natural polish brands: Pacifica, Zoya, ella + mila, and 100% Pure.
- Lastly, add a clear topcoat to protect from chipping.
Moisturize and Treat
- Make sure you have allowed time for your polish to dry completely, about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Use the Green Tea Neem Lotion as a final step to keep your hands and feet soft and healthy.
- For extra moisturizing care, grab the Cuticle Care Pen and add another layer of healing oils.
- Apply both treatments several times a day to keep all your digits smooth and super soft.
There you have it! Now that your DIY mani-pedi is complete you can rock your new nail look for all to see.